Australia Whistleblower Compliance Management Solutions
Australia’s whistleblower legislation requires business to have a whistleblowing process in place. The legislation states that Australian business must have a place for employees to report unethical or illegal behaviour.
Learn more about our Ethics Reporting Hotlines
Protect Your Business and Employees with IntegrityCounts
Do you have a compliant whistleblowing policy in place? If not, you could face serious fines of up to $126,000. If you do, then you’re aware of how costly and time consuming it can be to put all the necessary tools and systems in place. WhistleBlower security can save you the time, energy, and money with our global reporting hotline and compliance management platform IntegrityCounts. Our whistleblowing services and solutions are specially designed with your needs in mind.
If you own or manage a business or entity in Australia, it is vital that you have an appropriate whistleblowing policy in place.
On July 1, 2019, protections were expanded in the Corporations Act 2001 to give certain individuals legal rights and protections as whistleblowers. As part of the act, “large” public companies, proprietaries, and corporate trustees of APRA-regulated superannuation entities are required to have a whistleblower reporting policy in place as of January 1, 2020. If a company fails to implement a policy or handles a whistleblower report incorrectly, they could face severe criminal offenses and civil penalties for this misconduct. Whistleblowers can also seek compensation through court if they suffer a loss, damage or injury for making a report.
Which Businesses Must Apply:
- If you have 100 or more employees in your company or any entity it controls.
- Your company or any entity it owns has consolidated revenue of $50 million or more for the financial year.
- The value of the consolidated gross assets at the end of the financial year is $25 million or more for the entire company including any entities.
Under Australia’s Corporations Act, Applicable Businesses Must Have:
- An easy way for whistleblowers to report a concern anonymously to a senior employee or through a whistleblower program.
- Protections for applicable whistleblowers – current employees, former employees, contractors, employees of contractors, associates, trustees, and relatives of the above mentioned.
- A whistleblower policy that includes information about legal protections and how a company will investigate and disclose the report, ensure fair treatment of whistleblowers, and make the info available to officers and employees.
Here's what some of our clients think about our product and services.
Elise Rees, Independent Board Director
Great Panther Silver Limited
“Having an independent route for people working in the field to voice their concerns and to highlight issues they think are there is incredibly important.”
Bob Gayton, Independent Director
“I certainly would recommend WhistleBlower Security than anybody, and I have, and this is not just for local people, this is for people all over the world.”