General Data Protection Regulation
We have you covered!
WHAT IS THE GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR is a new privacy regulation across the European Union focused on protecting and enabling the privacy rights of individuals. WhistleBlower Security currently adheres to the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documentation Act of Canada. This stringent legislation ensures WhistleBlower Security is in a strong position to be prepared for the GDPR.
6 KEY CONCEPTS TO BE AWARE OF REGARDING THE GDPR
- Requiring transparency on handling and use of personal data.
- Limiting personal data processing to specified, legitimate purposes.
- Limiting personal data collection and storage to intended purposes.
- Enabling individuals to correct or request deletion of their personal data.
- Limiting the storage of personally identifiable data for only as long as necessary for its intended purpose.
- Ensuring personal data is protected using appropriate security practices.